2019 BBO Shootout
Catch & Release Tournament
June 15th, 2019
The BBO Shootout will be held in Dartmouth, Ma. Fishing area will include all of Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound extending towards Sakonnet Point. Block Island and the Cape Cod Canal are off limits. Awards and cookout will follow at 5pm (842 Rock O’Dundee RD, Dartmouth, MA). Registration due by Monday, June 3rd.
Tournament Format – Limited to 60 Anglers
All Tackle - $50 per angler.
Fly – $50 per angler.
- Fishing will start at 12am Saturday, June 15th, Fishing ends at 3pm, Saturday, June 15th.
- All anglers must report to the Sail Loft, on 246 Elm St, South Dartmouth, MA 02748 to pick up their certified measuring device and tournament badges between 5 and 7pm on Friday, June 14th.
- Each angler must have the ability to video or photograph fish being measured and released. Smartphone video and photographs are acceptable. Photo’s must be texted to the tournament director immediately so all teams can be updated as to the length to beats via text group.
- Trolling wire line, lead line or weighted lines are prohibited.
- Yo-Yoing is Prohibited
- Trolling of the fly is prohibited
- Reference dark blue line. Block Island and Cape Cod Canal are off limits.
- Fish must be measured on flat surface using the supplied measuring tape. The 2018 badge must be visible in the pictures.
- Please include the full length of the fish and measuring device in picture, clearly showing the position of the mouth and tail. The fish may be held in position, but must be done in a manner that does not obscure the view of the fish or measuring tape.
- Measurements will be taken from the most forward part of the fish’s snout to the tip of the tail.
- Fish that measure between measurement increments will be recorded at the lower of the two increments (a fish that measures between 45 and 45.25 inches will have a recorded length of 45 inches).
- Images must be emailed to email@example.com or 732-674-9655 so we can provide live updates and social media updates.
- The following acts will disqualify a catch:
- Failure to comply with Tournament rules or equipment.
Awards & Cookout
Cookout will start at 5pm at 842 Rock O’ Dundee RD (842 ROD CLUB), Dartmouth, Ma. Food and beverages are provided for all fisherman. Should be a great time to get everyone together and get the season off to a great start.
- All Tackle
1st Cash Prize, Custom Aubut Rod, Name on BBO Shootout Perpetual Award
2nd Assorted Prize Pack
3rd Assorted Prize Pack
- Fly Division
1st Cash Prize, 3-TAND TX-80 Reel, Name on BBO Shootout Perpetual Award.
2nd Assorted Prize Pack
3rd Assorted Prize pack.
Any questions please contact Jamie at 774-328-1299.